View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #1643
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

And it happens. UCLA gets J.W. Reese. The 6th player in the nation and #1 SG in the nation, and #1 player in California chooses UCLA. They must have written a big check.

The 6'5 guard averaged 16.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, and 4.4 apg in the ABL. The only plus is that he is a bit of a ball hog and only shot 29% from the arc. Still, I'm not looking forward to playing against him down the road.

We switched to Graham too late. He decided to go out of state and chose BYU. Oh well, SG isn't really a need right now anyway.

As expected, Rylan Prillman signs with USC right away. A closer look at him. He's 6'9 228 and is rated 77th overall and 4th among C's. He's a 4 star player and was the #1 C in California, 4th overall. Our staff grades him as follows: Shooting B-, Skills B-, Defense B+, Athleticism B-, Rebounding A, IQ A, Potential A, and Size A-. He averaged 12.6 ppg, 9.3 rpg, and 2.9 bpg in the ABL while shooting 48% from the field and 40% from the arc. Despite our staff believing his shooting as a whole is weak, we think he is a reasonably good 3 point shooter. His other strength is he shows great hustle.

Great news. Stivers didn't sign with us, but he seems on the cusp of doing so. If he signs, he'll be the highest ranked player I've ever signed (in this version of the game.) I just hope he doesn't have a last second change of heart for Texas A&M. Stivers is rated as follows by our staff: Shooting A, Skills A+, Defense B+, Athleticism A-, Rebounding B-, IQ A, Potential A, and Size C+.

We also have a 6'5 PG from San Bernadino who is a 4 star player who wants to sign with us. I don't want to scare away Stivers and I don't need 2 PG's unless Badu goes pro early. I hold off on offering Geoffrey Russell.

Our next game is at NC State. They are 4-2 with a roster rating of 90. Can we win on the road in our first real test?

Farrell with a huge game to lift us over NC State on the road! We win 69-65. Farrell with 19 points, 11 boards, 6 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 5 of 15.

Dawson fouled out in 20 minutes. He finished with 3 points and 2 assists. Kabba with 12 points, 8 boards, 2 assists, and 2 blocks. He shot 5 of 9.

Stevens with 5 points, 6 boards, and 3 blocks. Vega with 13 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks.

Abdur-Rahim with 4 points, 4 boards, and 1 assist in 18 minutes. Annen with 6 points, 2 boards, and 1 assist in 17 minutes.

Badu with 2 points, 2 boards, and 2 assists in 13 minutes.

SOB! Stivers switches to Texas A&M at the last minute. That hurts.

Meanwhile, Geoffrey Russell decides that he doesn't want to wait any longer for a USC offer. He signs with BYU. Ouch.

I think the bug with scoring is when you start to sim a game and then cancel out, so I sim the game on Monday after signing day. We are playing Georgia who are 4-2 with a 84 rating.

We beat them 83-63 to remain perfect. We are now 5-0.

Dawson with his best game of the season as he finished with 15 points, 10 assists, and 3 steals in 28 minutes.

Farrell with 12 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, and 1 steal. He shot 4 of 8, 4 of 5, and 0 of 1.

Kabba with an 0 for 8 shooting night. He finished with 0 points, 8 boards, and 2 blocks.

Stevens with 9 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 1 block.

Vega with 19 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, and a block.

Abdur-Rahim with 11 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist. Badu with 10 points, 4 boards, and 3 assists in just 14 minutes. Fuller with 6 points and 2 boards in 12 minutes.

Now, I need to re-group and see if there are any recruiting targets worth my 2 scholarships..

Looking at all of the 5 stars, they've all signed early and Texas A&M got 3 of them. Why are they getting so many great players from across the country? They got Stivers from Colorado, Cameron Sutton a 5 star PF (who is short) from Fort Worth, TX, and and a 5'10 PG from San Antonio, TX who is ranked 5th in the nation overall.

I don't see any great targets out there, but I'll scout a bunch of 3 and 4 star players over the next few weeks to see if any look like they might fit my system.

Meanwhile, we have our next game at Marquette. They are 4-1 with a roster rating of 85.

Their best player is SR SG Deshaun Watson who is 6'3 216 and is rated 80 overall. He's a quick slashing guard who is averaging 14.6 ppg and 4.2 apg.

SR C Leighton Modica is 6'11 240 and is rated 78 overall. He's averaging 16.6 ppg and 2.4 bpg.

SR SG Whitney Avery is 6'2 233 and is rated 75 overall. He's averaging 9.6 ppg.

SR SF Devin Norton is 6'9 213 and is rated 73 overall. He's averaging 8.3 ppg and 3.6 rpg.

JR PG Fredrick Burnstein is 6'2 179 and is rated 73 overall. He's averaging 12.4 ppg and 3.8 apg.

The bench is all in the low 70's with one player in the high 60's.

I'll play them later.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-11-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote