View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 09:38 AM   #17917
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't get why this is the D's cross to bear re. Impeachment? The pressure should be on Senate R's (from the public) and to suggest, the D's problem because they won't start it (I know they have to start it in the House), but nearly everything undergoes some negotiation before the process begins, so I don't see this being any different, especially for something this major.

The pressure should be on the Senate R's for coming out and saying that there's nothing that this president has done yet that they feel is enough to support his removal. That's like saying "I know they've all been arrested, but OF COURSE I'm still cheering for the Bengals, because they are MY TEAM!"

To answer Brian's question about what have you won? You've won power. That kind of power that changes political landscapes. Yes, you've also moved closer to a kind of political fascism like we saw in GOT, where of course she must destroy everything to rebuild it, but the right way. But short of fighting fire with fire, you end up essentially laying down for the train and getting run over. It would take a strong leader to take power, and right the ship and make it so the kind of lawless leadership that we've seen with dump can never be repeated without swift consequences.

I don't like it, but I don't see end result of not doing it, as a better solution. I'd love to see McConnell buried in this election. He won't be, it's Kentucky, but his brand of leadership makes me ill. Lie when it's beneficial, plausibly deny wherever possible, and always, always take advantage of every person, situation where possible, regardless of the ethical choices involved, but make sure, that your base knows that you are the right person, because you will make sure that your side wins. That's it.

Handing someone like that, that kind of political football is just asking for it. I just can't see how standing up only to lose another 4 years, and more SC seats, is worth it. Argue all day long, but dig deep and beat every single one of those issues into the heads of voters for months on end. I'm shocked that someone hasn't put all the dumb things trump has said on a loop and just used his own words against him. Those political ads have been so successful. Why don't we see them now? The DNC can just run them. Get those phrases out there, and let the public be sick of hearing them, and know who they got last time and rile your own base up in the process.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-19-2019 at 09:38 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote