collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Group O

Week 7

Arizona State- 20, Western Michigan- 14
Wyoming- 27, Florida Atlantic- 20
Vanderbilt- 44, Idaho- 13
Tulane- 34, Kansas- 26

For the second straight group, an undefeated team loses in Week 7 and will back their way into the group title and see their seed in the round of 64 lowered drastically. Although the score was close, Arizona State dominated this game, as they scored first, and led from start to finish. As for the other games, worst case scenario for sure, as Tulane and Wyoming also won, which means that we have 3 teams at 4-3 battling for the 3rd and 4th place spots in the Round of 64. Hopefully this tiebreaker will be as easy to figure out as the last one was.

----------------------------------------------------------

Final Group O standings, with point differential in parenthesis:

#1- Western Michigan 6-1 (+106)
#2- Vanderbilt 5-2 (+105)
#3- Tulane 4-3 (+2)
#4- Arizona State 4-3 (-26)
#5- Wyoming 4-3 (-8)
#6- Idaho 2-5 (-49)
#7- Florida Atlantic 2-5 (-63)
#8- Kansas 1-6 (-67)

It must be my lucky day for 3+ team tiebreakers, as Tulane made it easy for me as they defeated both Arizona State and Wyoming, so they get 3rd place in Group O, while Arizona State defeated Wyoming, so the Sun Devils get 4th place. Wyoming, unfortunately, is eliminated. Tulane is definitely the surprise as far as teams that exceeded expectations. I'm not too shocked that Idaho vastly underperformed, I rather expected that. I'm disappointed the Jayhawks couldn't muster up a few more wins to at least give themselves a chance, but so be it. Arizona State will definitely be looking back on that Week 7 win over Western Michigan as the key moment of their group run.

1 more group to go, it's group P, and it has 2 ranked teams in it: West Virginia and Stanford, along with 2 other solid teams in Air Force and Minnesota.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote