View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well this seems as good a place as any for me to be. Ever since highschool ended (13yrs ago) I have slowly been watching my weight go up. I have been an on and off again dieter, losing 30 lbs here only to gain it back and more. I have always been a big guy, but lately it seems like it is much harder to hide despite my large frame.

Obviously in my career health is important as I need to maintain it to keep my job. However, my job leads to a very sedentary lifestyle and you have to really work to keep the weight off. Late this summer I got an eye exam and the doctor suggested that I get my cholesterol checked. My visit to the doctor confirmed that at the very least my BP was too high for someone my age, so at the age of 31, I realized that I needed to make a commitment to myself and my family. That was about 5 weeks ago. Then I was 6'4" and 277lbs.

Since then I have worked very hard to change my diet. I have begun a regular exercise program and have met with a personal trainer a couple of times to get a good program. I find Mens Health magazine to be invaluable, and I have a strong desire to be healthy for my family and myself. Something both of my parents need to work harder at, so my genes are working against me as well. Additionaly, I am at the begininig of a new indoor soccer season. I couldn't believe how out of shape I really was until that first game. I was disgusted with myself.

I weighed a few days ago and I was 260lbs. I have been sick this week so my exercise plan has been off, hopefully I can get back soon. My goal is to be healthy, a good role model for my kids and a sexy man that my wife can't resist. I figure that I will need to get down at least into the 220's if not lower. I will not be deterred and I will not quit.

All day long I see people in my job, and the one thing that sticks out is how incredibly fat they all are. So many of the guys I work with are the same way. That will not be me anymore. Good luck guys I am here with you.

ABC that is great motivation, congrats!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote