View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #30
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

OK, count me in. My wife and I just started ediets.com's alternative to Jenny Craig, where you basically eat frozen entrees with fruit, salad, etc. purchased separately.

A little background...

I'm about 5'8" and currently weigh 225 lbs. Coming out of high school, I was probably around 170 or so. Seven years of college/law school and I was at 220. Six months before I got married (back in 1997), I promised my wife I would lose weight and did the "real" Jenny Craig diet and started running. On our wedding day, I weighed between 165 and 170 and had been running upwards of 20 miles a week. Then came the honeymoon, and getting used to living with someone, etc., and I gained it all back.

Fast forward a few years and I jumped on the Atkins craze not once, but twice. Both times I lost 40-60 pounds; both times I gained it all back. After almost 10 years, I'm pretty much back where I started. Now that we've got 2 kids, convenience is the most important thing for me (us), so we're doing the Lean Cuisine/Healthy Choice stuff on a JC-like meal plan.

My goal is to get back down to 175. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but we'll see. My wife is trying to lose the 20 or so pounds she gained from having the 2 kids. But she's not a dieter, so in some ways, this will probably be harder on her than it will be on me. Anyway, now that I live in a place that isn't 90 degrees and humid 7 months out of the year, I'm hoping that will help motivate me to exercise. I don't have time for a gym, so bike riding, jogging, and walking are probably going to be the best I can do.

We started officially on Sunday, so every Sunday I'll weigh myself and report the progress. I'm glad this thread is here!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote