View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

Aight, I'll jump in.

I graduated from High School 9 years ago. At that time, and all through High School I weighed about 115-120 lbs (i'm 5'9 or so). Obviously, I was REALLY skinny. That all happened with no work. Like most people, I gained 15 or so lbs. as a Freshman in College. At some point I remember being shocked when I passed 150 lbs. Then next thing I know this spring, I realize that I'm at about 190 lbs.

So, my motivation is really just that I feel pretty bad about myself. But on top of that, I am getting married March 29, 2008. My Fiance and I both want to lose weight for that. We're trying not to do anything "hardcore" that we'll be motivated to quit later. About a month ago (Aug. 15 actually) we decided to do something about it.

So, right now we are trying to "eat better".. this includes not going out to eat but once a month (we went probably 2-3 times a week before), taking sweets out of the house, smaller portions, etc. Then we are exercising. Starting with we've walked 2 miles a day with our dogs for the last month or so. My Fiance is a teacher, so once her schedule gets settled (probably next week) we will go to the gym in the morning to do weights.

My goal is to fit into 32" waist pants again. Whatever weight that is, so be it (probably around 160 give or take - with a low fat %).

We'll see, I've never been muscular - but that would be a nice outcome of this. In High School and early college I benefited from playing tennis (on HS team) and then intramural sports, pickup basketball, etc. I don't do that anymore so I have to get more going.

I am at about 185 now...

I'm crossing my fingers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 09-12-2006 at 11:54 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote