View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Rosport doesn't have a nickname, in the sense that Arsenal are known as the Gunners and Liverpool as the Reds. I might have to come up with something for them.

So, I suppose I have to say "Let's meet the Rosport players" instead.

GOALKEEPERS
The regular keeper will be Jeff Oster (23 y/o), who ought to be a good one in our league. Jeff made three appearances for our nation at the U21 level. He is off to a great start; he played in four friendlies without conceding a goal. Jeff is also our captain.

His backup, Grégory Baumert (17) isn't ready for prime time yet. I've had our scout look at a few goalkeepers who might be better able to step in when Jeff needs a break, but I haven't signed one yet.

DEFENDERS
Christophe Scholer (22) came to us on a free transfer from Dudelange of the National Division (ND), and he'll start at left back. Scholer is currently on the roster for Luxembourg, and he was capped 13 times as a U21. He's backed up by Olivier Lickes (24), who can play anywhere along the back line.

Our center backs will be Grégory Molitor (32) and Tim Heinz (28). Between them, they've earned 18 Luxembourg caps, 12 by Molitor. Laurent Pellegrino (39), whom I signed for his leadership and his ability to play sweeper, and hulking Yannick Loose (27) are in reserve.

At right back, Billy Bernard (21) comes to us from Fola Esch (ND). He failed to break through there, despite making 8 apperances for Luxembourg U21. His understudy is Steve Bettmer (27), whose best attribute is his leadership; he's our vice-captain.

MIDFIELDERS
How Andy Rakic (31) got to Luxembourg from Canberra, Australia is beyond me, but I'm glad he's here. He's also played in Croatia and Germany, he speaks English, German, and Letzburgesch, and he's very strong technically. Since he was in the club when I took it over, Andy is an exception to my "only Luxembourgers" rule. He will start on the left side, with Bruno Rossi, who's currently injured, behind him.

Alphonse Leweck (30) has 54 Luxembourg caps and four goals in international play. A long-time star for FC Eztella Ettelbruck, he left there for National Division rival Jeunesse Esch last season. I persuaded him to come to Rosport (I'm guessing we were Luxembourg teammates at some point), and he will be a fixture for us in the middle of the park. He can play AMC when I switch to the 4-4-2 diamond.

Leweck's partner will sometimes be veteran Thorsten Wittek (35), a very good deep-lying playmaker. When I want a greater defensive presence, I can go with Marc Binsfeld (25), recently signed from Käerjéng. Binsfield is a natural DMC, so he'll see lots of time in the 4-4-2 diamond.

On the right side resides our star, Carlos Ferreira (31). After 257 games with Eztella Ettelbruck, he came to Rosport last season. He was born in Portugal, but he's appeared 19 times for Luxembourg. Carlos lacks the pace he had as a younger player, but that's all he lacks, and he'll be an ever-present for us.

STRIKERS
Our best two forwards, Anton Bozic (26) and Alex Pott (23), are pretty much the same player: best as advanced forwards, fast, creative. Alex is a better finisher, and Anton is a little better in the air.

Ideally, I'd like to have a big, strong target man to add to the mix. Young Claude Codello (18), fits that description best, but he's still too raw. I might try to sign a grousse Mann, to use as my third striker, if I can find one.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-23-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote