View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #6
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

1 September 2012

Today was the last day of the transfer window for Luxembourg. I wasn't planning on making any moves, but I did join in on the Deadline Day media coverage. I think it's a lot of fun.

About noon, my plans for the day changed. US Mondorf (short for Union Sportive Mondorf-les-Bains) signed midfielder Fabio Bersens away from us. I can't say I blame Fabio for making the move. He was stuck behind Carlos Ferreira, and he probably wouldn't have gotten much playing time with us. He'll probably play more regularly with Mondorf.

With Bersens no longer on the club, I decided to shop for a midfielder. On Fola Esch's roster, I spotted Christophe Pazos (22 y/o), who can play both M(C) and M(R). His attributes looked good, and he's young, so I decided to offer him a contract. Pazos didn't seem very interested in leaving Fola to play for us, but I took a shot. After all, it's Deadline Day.

A little after 21:00, we learned that Pazos was on his way to Rosport. I told him we'd use him in a squad rotation system, but to be honest, he'll probably play more often than that. He's very sound technically for a player his age, and our staff think he's as good as Alphonse Leweck. (This assessment should probably be tempered by the fact that my staff is not very good at evaluating talent.)

So, welcome to Rosport, Mr. Pazos.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote