Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

6 October 2012

Rosport 0-1 US Mondorf

GK: Oster
D: Lickes, Molitor, Loose, Bernard
M: Rakic, Wittek, Pazos, Ferreira
ST: Pott, Schiltz

You don't win football matches by maintaining possession of the ball, generating shots on goal, creating clear chances, or earning corner kicks. You win football matches by scoring goals. Tonight, Mondorf scored a goal, and we did not.

I couldn't be unhappy with the players. Honestly, it should have been an 0-0 draw. On 70 minutes, Mondorf took a corner, and there was some contact in the box. There's always some contact in the box on a corner kick. This time, the referee, a chap named Luc Reuter, awarded a penalty to Mondorf, alleging that Yannick Loose had fouled a Mondorf player. To his credit, Cédric Pleimling stepped up and converted.

I've looked at the footage five or six times, and I agree with what Billy Bernard said in an interview--I haven't seen the penalty yet. I held my tongue in my own post-match presser; I'm a first-year manager and for now, I'll tread lightly with the FA.

Olivier Lickes, Grégory Molitor, and Alex Pott all started for us tonight. Their presence in the lineup didn't cost us the result. All three of them were, at one point or another, projected to start for us, and they can all play. You'll see them in the lineup again.

Our loss drops us to second, a point behind Mamer, who drew 0-0 with Una Strassen. Rumelange is on 15 points too, after beating US Sandweiler 2-0. Our next fixture: away to Mamer.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-25-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote