27 October 2012

Oberkorn 0-1 Rosport

GK: Oster
D: Scholer, Loose, Heinz, Bernard
DM: Pazos
M: Rakic, Ferreira
AM: Leweck
ST: Bozic, Schiltz

We came back from the two-week break and decided to try something different. I like mixing things up with a 4-4-2 diamond sometimes, so I tried it out against Oberkorn.

I'm not surprised we didn't concede against them. When I looked at their scouting report, I discovered they had two teenaged center backs playing forward. Their regular striker, Luc Fellerich, was tired from Oberkorn's Luxembourg Cup match on Wednesday.

We maintained possession well, but we couldn't generate good scoring chances for the first hour or so. On 65 minutes, I switched back to our normal 4-4-2, and on 72' I brought Alex Pott in for Bozic. Alex thanked me for the opportunity in a very meaningful way--with a 30-yard laser shot that beat the Oberkorn keeper and gave us the victory.

Poor Christophe Pazos failed to convert from the penalty spot in the first half. I think I'm going to give him a break from PK duties for a while.

Another injury scare: Andy Rakic had to come off at 68 minutes, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant a post-match physio report.

Yannick Loose was Man of the Match again (8.1). He's been the best of a very solid group of defenders so far this season.

Mamer won and Dudelange drew, so they traded places in the table. We're on 21 points, Mamer has 19, and Dudelange 17.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote