Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

3 November 2012

Rosport 4-1 Erpeldange

GK: Hartert
D: Lickes, Babacic, Heinz, Bernard
M: Rakic, Pazos, Leweck, Ferreira
ST: Pott, Schiltz

We went back to our customary 4-4-2 against 13th place Erpeldange, and gave starts to several of our backups in order to keep them fresh. Anton Babacic made his first appearance of the season tonight. He had been working back to match fitness on the reserves after getting hurt in preseason training. He, and the other reserves, all played well.

After his late match-winner against Oberkorn, I gave Alex Pott another start, and within five minutes, he had scored two goals. I started with an Attacking strategy, as I often do at Victoriarena, and after the second goal I directed them to dial it back to Standard. Before they could execute the change, Andy Rakic scored a third goal.

Laurent Schiltz scored our fourth goal, not long after halftime. It was Laurent's 10th of the season and his 38th goal for Rosport, which set a new club record (according to the game). I'm glad Laurent got his landmark goal at home, so the supporters could give him the recognition he deserves.

Pott (8.8) was Man of the Match, with Carlos Ferreira at 8.5. When Carlos plays well, our team plays well, and our style is fluid and fun to watch.

My job security was upgraded to Very Stable--the first time I've ever earned that status.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote