Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

17 November 2012
Rosport 2-1 Mondercange

GK: Hartert
D: Lickes, Loose, Heinz, Bernard
M: Rakic, Pazos, Leweck, Ferreira
ST: Pott, Schiltz

Mondercange took an early lead when Yannick Loose made a rare mistake. First, Yannick made a fine play, stepping in front of a pretty cross from their best player, winger Jonathan Proietti. Then, he lost the ball onto the boot of striker Yves Heiderscheid, who simply had to knock it past a sprawling Kevin Hartert for a goal.

Carlos Ferreira laid on an easy goal for Alex Pott right after the break, and Pott returned the favor for Ferreira ten minutes later. Andy Rakic gave me props after the match for my halftime team talk, the first such recognition I've ever had from a player.

The Rosport changing room is full of happy players. Jeff Oster is very grateful to Luxembourg manager Luc Heinz for giving him his first chance at international football this week. With Oster between the posts, Luxembourg drew with Estonia away--a very nice result.

We have a quick turn-around this week, with a Cup match and a league fixture, both with Una Strassen. I'm thinking I'll play the strongest possible side in the Cup match, since I know our board and supporters want us to advance at least one more round. We're four points clear in the Promotion Division right now, so I'll play some backups on the 21st and let the big dogs rest a little longer.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote