Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

21 November 2012
Rosport 0-0 Una Strassen

GK: Hartert
D: Pellegrini, Molitor, Bernard, Bettmer
M: Russo, Binsfeld, Wittek, Babacic
ST: Bozic, Schiltz

If a few of the names in that lineup look unfamiliar, I brought a few guys up from the reserves for today's match. Most of our regulars' fitness levels were in the high 80s-low 90s following the Mondercange match, so if they'd played tonight, there's no way they would be ready for the Cup match in four days.

The supporters are upset that I fielded a "weakened side" at home, but I've noticed they are notoriously fickle and flat-out whiny sometimes. They haven't forgiven me for the departure of Alex Paulos back in the summer, even though the man who replaced him, Yannick Loose, is the best center back in the Promotion Division. Meanwhile Paulos, who at 35 is seven years older than Loose, plays as often with Petange's reserves as he does with the first team.

Anyway, we could have won this one with some better luck. Bruno Russo hit the crossbar with a howitzer blast, and Anton Bozic hit the left post while their keeper was floundering around on the right side of the box. Almin Babacic might have been right when he claimed he'd been fouled in the area on 60 minutes. And Laurent Pellegrini nearly got lucky with a cross that barely missed going into the goal. If one of those breaks had gone our way, it might well have been worth a result and three points.

Swift Hesperange is moving up the table, and their 3-0 win over Oberkorn brought them into second, three points behind us.

But, perhaps best of all, most of our regulars will be rested for the rematch with Una Strassen on Sunday.

Last edited by Greyfriars Bobby : 06-30-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote