View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #34
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

24 January 2013

With the transfer window closing in a week, I made what I believe will be our last move of the season. There seems to be a general shortage of decent wide midfielders in Luxembourg. I really like our starters, Andy Rakic and Carlos Ferreira, but behind them, we're really lacking. Both Rakic and Ferreira are 32, and they're both beginning to show the first signs of slowing down.

Racing FC had a young left winger named Jonathan Rodrigues (age 22) who wanted a chance to play more often. He'd been in only 4 games all season. I was honest with him about his role if he came to Rosport: he'd be Rakic's apprentice, at least for now. He was willing to become a backup for a club playing as well as Rosport is right now, so we welcome him to the club.

Rodrigues is eligible for both Luxembourg and Brazil, although he was born in Luxembourg City. He is a very good passer with a nice first touch, and he has some leadership qualities that might fit him for a captain's armband one day.

I also learned that there are two National Division clubs flirting with Alex Pott. Progres, who are one point clear of the drop zone, seems to want him pretty badly. Fola Esch, who are in the middle of the table, aren't as interested, but I could see Alex going there before I could see him heading to Progres. We'll have to wait and see what happens over the next few days.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote