Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

26 February 2013

US Hostert 0-3 Rosport

GK: Oster
D: Lickes, Heinz, Maiget, Bernard
M: Russo, Jans, Leweck, Ferreira
ST: Laroche, Schiltz

We were scheduled to be away to Hostert on Sunday, the 17th, but snow left their pitch soggy and unplayable. We got another week off, but that means we're facing a Wednesday-Saturday turnaround this week.

The first half was sloppy, and I let the players know how disappointed I was. That got them a little fired up, and they played a much more inspired second half.

Hostert really weren't that bad most of the time. They made two crucial errors that cost them two goals. On a corner, they pulled everyone so far forward that, when Kevin Maiget won the header and knocked it back toward their goal, there was nobody to mark Laurent Schiltz. When Laurent gets to go one-on-one with a goalkeeper, my money's on Laurent. He chipped it in from almost 30 yards. The goal was his 50th in his league career.

On another goal, their center backs were hopelessly out of position and allowed Jeremy Laroche lots of room. I'm discovering what a deadly finisher Laroche is, too; he has three goals in four appearances.

Andy Rakic was a little wonky, so he sat this one out. So did Yannick Loose, because I wanted Tim Heinz to get some game action.

This is great weather for winter sports, but not for football.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote