View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:19 PM   #177
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I think Lovie was the ideal fit for Detroit, think he would have corralled Suh, or at least commanded his attention.

Sounds like Greg Schiano would be great fit for Detroit based on that.

Quote:
As good of a fit as I think that is, I think its an equally terrible fit for him at TB. When you have a decidedly one sided coach, I am ok with little talent deficit on "his side" of the field, but I want enough talent to make mistakes on his weak side. I think Detroit offered that, Stafford and MegaTron are enough talent to keep the Offense decent even without coaching, they've proven that for a few years now.

For today and today only, I agree with this. But for 5 years? That matters very little...unless you walk into Indianapolis when Peyton Manning is in year 7...Stafford is no Manning.

Quote:
In TB Lovie is looking over the island of misfit toys on O..and well..not much better on D.

And why are the Bucs in that scenario? We are asking Lovie Smith to rebuild this team in many ways, and the only thing the Bucs ownership really knows about rebuilding is what Tony Dungy did. Lovie Smith being a Tony Dungy guy is not something terrible. I'm going all in with the retread NFL coach at this point because Tony Dungy was a retread and found success....Jon Gruden was a retread and found success...if we think Lovie Smith isn't going to use his past experience to enhance his strengths and strengthen his weaknesses, you're missing the potential completely.

Quote:
All in a conference where NO and Car seem to be on the rise for the foreseeable future compared to the NFC North which I see as much more winable.

To be fair, Green Bay and Chicago are no joke either.

I will be positively biased with any new coach (or at least I have been so far with Sam Wyche, Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden, Raheem Morris, and Greg Schiano...so I'm biased, but seriously, Lovie Smith is more than just a name or a defensive minded coach. He's part of the Tony Dungy tree, he's got a history here, he's got good people all over this league, he's tough, he's a player's coach and this town is energized right now and they need something after 5 seasons of abysmal football. Lovie Smith is the absolute right guy at the right time for Tampa Bay Football.

Last edited by Dutch : 01-02-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote