Thread: OOTP 19
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #22
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

There isn't anything as good, so I have accepted it for what it is. I think it's just one of those deals where it could be so much better that's frustrating. But then, that's FOF too.

I just turn off what I dislike. I haven't played out a game in OOTP in probably a decade. For what it does, it's still lightning quick too. It's been a reliable part of my simming life for so long I can barely remember what it was like without it, actually I do. Pen and paper. Then FPS Baseball which when I played it, I wished it was like OOTP back then but had no idea we'd ever get there. Even thinking back to Mogul and then moving to the vast world that was OOTP5, seemed like a huge step. So thinking about how much we're able to do now is fascinating.

I wish the universes were easier to share content from -- HTML is super slow -- but besides that, I can't really hate on it too much because there's just nothing else that comes close for baseball.

And FM gold standard or not, I have lots of quibbles with in terms of customization and deciding not to upgrade every year when I have to recreate an entire db after making it from scratch. It's just a lot of work.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 01-27-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote