View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #426
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Xanaphon comes as expected. He has a small sack with him. Pashtun and Locinda are with Alzar.

“I’ll make this simple. I know that you are vulnerable when the jewel is here I know you don’t want to die, that was the point behind this whole thing after all. You are here. That means you have the antidote with you. You wouldn’t want to risk our…excitement… by giving us a fake cure for the curse.

So, you have one shot to produce the cure.”

Xanaphon opens the sack and pulls out a tube of white dust. “Just put this in the Sheikh’s face and my curse will be lifted.”

Alzar checks something really quickly over Xanaphon’s shoulder, just a flick of his eyes, and then looks back, with a small smile.

“Do you what I don’t like?”

“No.”

“I don’t like liars Xanaphon. You see, while you were paring, I was too. Turn around. “

As he does, he spies three clerics from the other two temples.

“You see I hired them to all cast Detect Lie on you, guarantee that you would be affected by at least one. And there you are, just lying to me.”

Silently, Xanaphon puts another tube of identical looking powder on the table. “That’s the real cure.” Nods from the clerics.

“Alright. I have your gem right here.” Alzar takes the glowing diamond from around his neck and places it on the table. And that’s the signal.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote