View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 AM   #5623
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Our local school system still has not made a decision on how this year is going to work, but they have finalized the school schedule. It looks like they will have 2 options - regular in-person school and online. If you choose in-person, you can switch to online at any time. If you choose online, you can't switch until the end of the semester. And of course, the school may shut it down and go online at any point. Decision supposed to come in the next 10 days.

What I'm trying to understand is the school calendar. They contemplate a full year of in-person instruction. We are starting this year 2 weeks later than usual (August 26th versus 12th), They are still getting fall break, Thanksgiving, the regular Christmas break, spring break, and all of the teacher in-service days and holidays. We are ending as normal (right around Memorial Day).

So... where did those 2 weeks go? We aren't making them up at any point. Have we been going to school 2 weeks too long every year? Why do we lop off 2-3 weeks of summer break every year and go back to school in early August if we can now start a week before Labor Day and continue with the same schedule until Memorial Day?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote