View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 02:27 PM   #5640
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I specifically didn't mean to imply that the position was. I was pretty clear about that. The reality that we are living in a time where a virus that is difficult to manage because of many things is inevitable. We can't go back and stop it from happening. It's a new reality and I think there are many people who would rather choose to imply that we can return to a period of life prior to it without recognizing the state we are truly in. The same is said for people who refuse to do anything unless we are safe to return to the period of life prior to it. It doesn't feel political. We should be doing everything that we are doing, but a mindset does need to change. People will get sick, and death is happening, and blaming one thing or another does nothing to mitigate it any of it.

We can't change yesterday to make today better.

But we can change today to make tomorrow better.

And I am getting the sense from a lot of people (not you) that the new message from our leadership and its enablers is some version of "we can't stop it or even reduce it, so we have to live with it."

And that is just flat out wrong. We can stop it. We can reduce it. We are, every single day, choosing not to.

And maybe that's what we will continue to do. Hell, I expect that is what we will continue to do. So my very small ask is simply that we keep admitting to ourselves that it is a choice. That we are choosing to make tomorrow harder because we want today to be easier. And that today is harder than it had to be because we chose to make yesterday easier.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 07-08-2020 at 02:28 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote