View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 10:56 PM   #305
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution View Post
Sherdog can be a good site for that, and while their forums can also be informative, it's probably the biggest cesspool of idiots on the internet. There are a bunch of other 'news and rumor' kind of sites like mmanews, mmaweekly, mmatorch (the list could go on for a while). Mostly though from what I've found, alot of sites (like sherdog) will give you reminders a few days before the show but if you want to know weeks in advance, generally you need to goto the official sites or the forums.

As for the actual 'leagues' I'd say the pecking order goes something like -

UFC (undoubtedly the deepest talent pool, and if you're paying to watch where you're going to have the best chance to get your monies worth)

WEC (Some of the best MMA you can watch, and it's free on the VS network, another big show sept 10, alot of replays of shows on VS also. Several elite talents in weight divisions UFC does not have)

Affliction (not the best production, or marketing/coverage but they seem intent on putting on some stacked cards even if it puts them out of business. PPV only thus far but still in it's infancy.)

Elite XC (free shows on showtime and CBS, another CBS show coming up in oct, one in august and 1 in sept for showtime I believe. Decent talent level, but aside from a handful of fighters, a definate step down from the promotions above.)

Strikeforce (also shown on showtime I believe, they co promote with Elite XC)

Then you have alot of good foreign MMA with DREAM and Sengoku and some others but they're harder to watch in the US, and an even steeper learning curve to familiarize yourself with them. Pretty much everything else falls into minor league at best.

Thanks for the help. Appreciated.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote