View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
StLee
High School Varsity

NCAA 128: Battle to ONE (2011 Football Replay)

Lee’s 2011 Season What-If Mega Tournament

"In the beginning, God created college football. And it was good." - Anonymous

INTRODUCTION

Technology is an amazing thing. And so is a creative mind in our world of possibilities. Hi, again, guys and gals interested in another of those “what if” dynasties. This time I am turning the BCS on its heels and making the entire NCAA football experience one big tournament. But it’s not that simple.

I imagined that I could eventually find a sports simulation where the NCAA would have 128 teams and I could set up eight super conferences to compete for the ultimate championship. Well, that has yet to happen, though I believe it will one day. In the mean time, I decided to create my own simulation using whatifsports.com.

THE SET UP

Welcome to an alternative NCAA Football 2011 season! In this world, some of the FBS’ newest teams decided to join early. Therefore, let’s welcome the newest members of the FBS: the University of Massachusetts, Old Dominion University, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Georgia Southern University, Georgia State University, the University of South Alabama, Texas State University-San Marcos, and the University of Texas at San Antonio. These seven programs are fine additions to the 2011 alternative season.

Because the NCAA has realigned, there are now eight super conferences of sixteen teams each aligned in regional brackets in a clocklike order: West, Northwest, North, Northeast, East, Southeast, South Central, and Southwest. Each conference is divided into two divisions.

THE SCHEDULE

For the season, each division plays a round-robin style schedule of seven games. After those games are played, teams are ranked 1-8 in their divisions and play the equivalent ranked team of the other division in a placement playoff. Therefore, in the West Conference, the top teams of each division will play for the conference championship. The second place teams will play each other, the third, etc. Once all games are played, each team will be individually ranked 1-16 in their conference and then placed into the Mega Tournament to crown football’s top team.

Therefore, before entering the Mega Tournament, each team will have played 8 conference games.

THE TOURNAMENT
In the Mega Tournament, all 128 teams will be placed into eight sixteen-team brackets and through elimination make it to the College Elite Series, where the last eight teams will battle it out for college football’s ultimate crown, The Golden Sphinx.

Each team will play four games in the Mega Tournament, giving every team a 12-game schedule for the season. Only the winner of each of the eight brackets will move on.

Those eight regional champions will then play in the College Elite Series, a single-elimination fight for the Golden Sphinx. Only ONE team can be crowned National Champions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ncaafootballlogo.jpg (12.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Golden Sphinx.JPG (35.1 KB, 89 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736

Last edited by StLee : 01-02-2013 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Images updated
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote