View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #114
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I always love the "everyone has bad fans" defense.

There are clearly teams/cities that have worse fans than others. Anyone not living in the bubble of those teams/cities can see it.

Philly is one of those cities. There is tons of evidence to support it - Philly, as a whole, has more aggressive, rude, over the top, unbearable fans (in person) than other cities. There's a reason that this thread title is what it is - the second I saw it I knew it must be someone from Philly, as did many people.

Now, is the poster above over the top, sure - but to deny that Philly, on the whole, has a worst fan culture than other cities is ridiculous.

If there's differences, its so minuscule, and so irrelevant to the vast, majority of fans, it's just really trollish to have to constantly bring it up. It's just a cheap attack when you're too dumb to come up with anything else.

HiFiRevival thinks it's a "majority" of Philadelphia fans that are "the most worthless pieces of shit on the planet". That would be what - maybe 10 million people? HiFiRevival is obviously a moron (that's clear from his other posts beyond that one), and not really worth listening to about anything anyway.

But take make a more sane point - what % of Philadelphia fans vomit on children, or start fights in stadiums? Maybe .005%? Maybe Philly fans are the worst, and the rest of cities' fans average out at around .0045% Are those kind of differences really worth being such an as ass about? The vast majority of fans of any city are the same, decent, regular law-abiding people as the fans from any other city.

Last edited by molson : 08-01-2010 at 03:40 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote