View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #124
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
This thread took a wicked turn. I dont think we need to link a few loud minority of asshole philly fans in with the great philly fans out there. Philly has a reputation of having asshole fans but it doesnt mean everyone in philly is an asshole.

I'm not sure why everyone is reacting so harshly to me. This is essentually what I'm saying. Do I think 45% of Philly fans are aholes? No, not even close. And people need to stop applying HiFi's quotes to me.

I'm not saying some large percentage of Philly fans would puke on children.

I'm not saying 45% (or more) Philly fans are aholes.

I *AM* saying more than .005% of Philly fans are aholes and that that % is higher than most other cities. What is the percentage? I have no idea.

But to say that it is .005% "...vomit on children, or start fights in stadiums?" is naive imo.

The Linc sits just under 70,000. So, by molson's math only 3.5 Philly fans start fights at a game in the Linc. I just think that's not accurate. Again, they have their own police substation for a reason. I don't think it's for 3 fights a game.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I don't think 30,000 fans start fights. But I do think it's higher than a) molson says and b) most other cities.

And yes, I think this is partially because molson is indirectly frustrated with how New England fans are treated. Amusing that then Logan comes cursing me out, because I think he's a New England fan as well. Notice I didn't even SAY anything wrong about New England fans, I just said they are maligned. Ironically fitting the stereo type people have about New England fans.

All of that said - don't think I'm being overly harsh about Philly like HiFi is. That's how I'm different. If molson is saying .005%, I'm saying maybe .5% or 1% or something like that. I also don't think other teams/cities are .0045% - I think that's a too optimistic view of Americans.

In various google searches, Philly fans always show up on "worst fans" lists - for booing their own team, pouring beer on other teams fans (including children), cheering injuries to opposing players, etc, etc. Yes, there are fans like this at all teams - but there is a reason that Philly continually shows up on these (admittedly subjective) lists.

NOTE: It looks like I may be wrong, the Linc may not have a substation - but the Vet had a substation and a courtroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote