View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #129
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I always love the "everyone has bad fans" defense.

There are clearly teams/cities that have worse fans than others. Anyone not living in the bubble of those teams/cities can see it.

Philly is one of those cities. There is tons of evidence to support it - Philly, as a whole, has more aggressive, rude, over the top, unbearable fans (in person) than other cities. There's a reason that this thread title is what it is - the second I saw it I knew it must be someone from Philly, as did many people.

Now, is the poster above over the top, sure - but to deny that Philly, on the whole, has a worst fan culture than other cities is ridiculous.

Where did I deny it? I know the rep is there. I deal with ignorant people giving me shit all the time because I'm a Philly fan in the middle of Boston and New York fans. I'm not a shitty fan, and yet I get cast in the lot of those that are. It's frustrating, to say the least.

But nonetheless, your response to me is totally misguided. You took my comments to task based on assumption. I'm purely discussing the ignorant assclown being an ignorant assclown. I didn't post to debate the ethics of Philadelphia sports fans. Technically, every city has at least one shitty fan. So my "defense" (which isn't really a defense, but merely to point out he's not living in some sports utopia) is technically correct. ; )

However, pointing out Philadelphia's "rep" to a Philly fan, especially when other cities have done *far* worse things (lately, within the last decade) and they've been forgotten, is pointless. I'm well aware of the rep, regardless of how warranted or unwarranted it may be in THIS generation.

By the way, I'm glad the puking asshat got jail time. He deserves a lifetime ban from all sports in the city of Philadelphia, as would anyone who'd do that.

Last edited by Comey : 08-02-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote