View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #132
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Where did I deny it? I know the rep is there. I deal with ignorant people giving me shit all the time because I'm a Philly fan in the middle of Boston and New York fans. I'm not a shitty fan, and yet I get cast in the lot of those that are. It's frustrating, to say the least.

But nonetheless, your response to me is totally misguided. You took my comments to task based on assumption. I'm purely discussing the ignorant assclown being an ignorant assclown. I didn't post to debate the ethics of Philadelphia sports fans. Technically, every city has at least one shitty fan. So my "defense" (which isn't really a defense, but merely to point out he's not living in some sports utopia) is technically correct. ; )

However, pointing out Philadelphia's "rep" to a Philly fan, especially when other cities have done *far* worse things (lately, within the last decade) and they've been forgotten, is pointless. I'm well aware of the rep, regardless of how warranted or unwarranted it may be in THIS generation.

By the way, I'm glad the puking asshat got jail time. He deserves a lifetime ban from all sports in the city of Philadelphia, as would anyone who'd do that.

Um, you're the one ignoring the point. You keep focusing on the "rep". What most people in here are saying is that it is a reality -- the fans as a whole, or on average, however you want to put it, are "worse" (ruder, more prone to aggression at a sporting event, more crude, etc) than most fan bases. I'm sure you are not, but the fact is that the average Philly fan is. What Wade was saying is that, sure, every fanbase has shitty fans, but Philly's average is worse than most. The only people that don't think so are Philly fans.

Just this weekend, when Ryan Zimmerman hit a walk-off a Philly fan threw a bottle at the ball as it was leaving the park.

The problem with your "other fans have done worse" argument is that generally there is one glaring incident, which is that one shitty fan. Philly fans do thing continually that may not be sportscenter worthy, but are nonetheless the actions of shitty fans.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote