View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #135
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
Um, you're the one ignoring the point. You keep focusing on the "rep". What most people in here are saying is that it is a reality -- the fans as a whole, or on average, however you want to put it, are "worse" (ruder, more prone to aggression at a sporting event, more crude, etc) than most fan bases. I'm sure you are not, but the fact is that the average Philly fan is. What Wade was saying is that, sure, every fanbase has shitty fans, but Philly's average is worse than most. The only people that don't think so are Philly fans.

Just this weekend, when Ryan Zimmerman hit a walk-off a Philly fan threw a bottle at the ball as it was leaving the park.

The problem with your "other fans have done worse" argument is that generally there is one glaring incident, which is that one shitty fan. Philly fans do thing continually that may not be sportscenter worthy, but are nonetheless the actions of shitty fans.

My initial post to hifi was regarding his ignorance, not philly's reputation. He went way over the line with his jackassery, and I called him on it.

I was not hitting the rep until wade brought it up, as he incorrectly defined my respoonse to hifi. Where you quoted me was in response to wade, which was discussing what he said about my post.

I think this is one of those "taking things out of context" things. I discussed rep with wade, but not hifi. That's my initial point, and continues to be. ; )

I don't need to discuss the rep. It is a well-known rep. That is why I didn't need to discuss it when responding to hifi.

Last edited by Comey : 08-03-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Comey is offline   Reply With Quote