View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 AM   #149
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
No offense to Tampa, but I doubt people are jumping on the Ronde Barber bandwagon. I'm mostly talking about the superstars of the league, and for the most part, it's the NBA that has those fans.

I've had season tickets to the Bulls for awhile now. I never saw a Heat jersey before 2005, but saw a ton for a couple years. Then they magically all disappeared when Miami came to town. But I'm going to out here on a limb and guess that there will be a lot of them at the game this year.

I just don't like frontrunners. The people that before the season chooses the best team and decides they are his team.

So, now we've moved the goalposts. I get it.

I asked a question and the answer I got was:

Quote:
I think there's an easy way to tell.

If you're wearing a team's jersey, and the jersey you're wearing is of a player who isn't on the team anymore...chances are you're a fan of that team, and have been for some time.

If you have a LeBron jersey, or an Amare jersey, with their new teams, it's probably 60/40 against that you're a poser fan.

I stated that this was a stupid illogical and prone to error method to determine who's a "real fan" and all you can do is change the answer I was already given. It's hard to have a discussion when someone is going to keep making up new rules when you've had the old ones challenged.

Fact is, I hate people that are poser fans but I think anyone who judges people by the clothes they wear are far worse and worse, do it when even they admit that to their way of thinking the chances are probably close to even that they're wrong. Lazy thinking is more dangerous than misplaced fanaticism.