View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #28
Izulde
Head Coach

The salt is still real. We won't compile stats because I was only here for the last part of the season.

I decide to make some wholesale changes to our staff - we did retain our Chief Scout despite a pedestrian 7/7 because he's hella cheap, and there wasn't much better out there.

Our reputation naturally declines as we fail to head straight back up, making us the 11th highest reputation club in Antigua & Barbuda (FWIW, Parham FC, the top team, has a 1* reputation).

My assman is a dick and won't sign a new contract so soon after his first one, even though it expires like in a week. Oh, and we only have a $65k payroll budget to work with, even though we're already spending $50k. And the board expects us to get to the promotion playoffs in league, quarterfinals in FA Cup.

We get a nice bump in sponsorship - $12.5k compared to the $9.73k from last year.

Fucking assman leaves. Dick. I find a meh replacement, and also convince the board to let me add another coach.

Because so many teams are competing for stadium slots, we have to re-arrange our friendlies schedule numerous times. Kind of annoying, TBH. Nor can we attract big money names who will fill our stadium and generate boku bucks.

Transfer In - MCR Elvis Williams (19) - From Willikies
I don't remember signing this dude, but he's 11 Passing and Work Rate and our new starter at the MC spot.

We also go to ink an exciting new striker, but he goes down for 5 weeks *right* when we're about to complete the transfer. So yeah, we delay a week, and this game continues to fuck us over.

Jermaine George has been injured twice in the short time we've had him, and he's one of our most expensive wage earners at $6k. Needless to say, I won't be bringing him back.

Promotion Odds
English Harbour: 4-6
Piggotts Bullets: 4-6
Freemansville: 4-6
Fort Road: 5-1
Otto's Rangers: 5-1
Bassa SC: 25-1

Pretty wide open field this season.

Janiel Santiago is named Captain, Elvis Williams is Vice-Captain.

Anderson Derrick, our stud youth pull at DC, tears his hamstring and is out 3-4 months. Just keep fucking us over.

vs Sea View Farm
G: Lloyd George
D: Brentton Kirwan/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Walter Williams
DM: Eugene Jeremy
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Martin/Anton Farrell/Reece Peters
S: Quinton Kirwan/Junior Cochrane/Kelly Nesbitt

We have no less than 5 players off on U20 duty, two more guys injured, and one suspended. So it's a very tired, brittle lineup we have out there today.

51 - I don't give a fuck about the ragtag lineup. We shouldn't be losing to these shitlords 0-1

62 - A bunch of subs happen after Jahraldo-Martin gets hurt, because FUCK THIS BITCHNOZZLE GAME, THAT'S WHY!

Fans are devastated by the result. I'm wondering when FM is going to quit dicking me around with bullshit losses and injuries.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote