Old 06-23-2018, 04:38 AM   #49
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Freemansville (5th)
G: George Frederick
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Bo Benjamin/Brentton Matthew

22 - Robinson is hurt again, but it's playable. Victor Matthew plays a beautiful ball out right that George runs down and hits a stunning cross to Bo Benjamin ahead of everyone to just barely knock the header in!!! 1-0

47 - Victor Matthew cracks it right to George for the pretty ball to Brentton Matthew in the box. Cross, and Nesbitt bowls over the defender on his way to the insurance goal! 2-0

59 - We switch to our 3-1-3-3 DM, with Abraham in his usual DM spot and Santiago sitting

68 - Lewis is on for Robinson

82 - Jahraldo-Martin wants off, so Simon subs in for him

8.0 PotM for Jermaine George, but it was George Frederick who really stood out in my eyes - brilliant save after save for a 7.5.

Kelly Robinson - 3 to 4 weeks. And then Anderson Derrick, in the most devastating blow possible, is out 5-6 weeks with a back strain. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Young Warriors (1st)
G: George Frederick
D: Marc Jarvis/Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago
DM: Victor Matthew
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Randolph Abraham/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Bo Benjamin/Brentton Matthew

This is it. The match for all the marbles. We've never beaten them. Ever. Our best striker? Out. Our best central defender? Out. Our best fullback? Out. Our best MR? Out. So we're going with 3 DCs at the back, a DM, and our 3-1-3-3 DM setup.

61 - Simon and Williams go in at the winger spots. We haven't had any opportunities to score.

Kelly Nesbitt shoots two wild attempts, one he just had to fucking dump off to Brentton Matthew for the score and we would have won. I was fucking AGHAST when he shot rather than cross.

So bitterly heartbreaking to lose the title this way.

English Harbour wins their final match to drop us to 3rd place.

Transfer In - DR Lenny Hunte (18) - From Parham FC - $7.5k deal through next season
Expensive buy, so I didn't want to commit long term. 10 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 13 Pace, 13 Stamina though, and he's been a great player for Parham.

Transfer In - AMLC/ML Terrence Derrick (27) - From Villa Lions
My intention is to turn this first true veteran signing (signed for $4k through 2023) into an MC, where he's already awkward, or consider switching to a formation next year that calls for an AMC. 12 First, 20 Leadership!, 12 Stamina. He'll take the captain's armband next season and perhaps be the stabilizing influence we need.

Transfer In - ML/AML Connor Hughes-Mason (22) - From Piggots Bullets
Star player for this level along with Kelly Robinson. 11 Crossing, 12 Technique, 14 Flair, and great physical attributes, including 11 Acceleration and Pace. Earning $4k a year through 2023.

Here's what we know - There's a lot of guys who are going to be playing somewhere else next season, including Brentton Kirwan. We really need help at DC and MC. An elite GK would go well, as would strengthening our strikers, oddly enough.

Transfer Out - DL/ML Brentton Kirwan (20) - To SAP FC - $4.5k
Our weakest player by far last season. Was time for him to go.

For some fucked up reason, everyone wants PPA deals now. Not that it's a bad thing - I signed and cut a trash player as a result.

Transfer Out - DM/MC Randolph Abraham (19) - To SAP FC - $2.5k
I liked him a lot, but the talent level just isn't there.

Transfer Out - ST Chesley Willett (19) - To Willikies - $3.5k
Gets some more money because he was very distant in our rankings.

Oh, and our youth pull signing was GK George Jarvis of 13 Handling, 10 Kicking, 13 Decisions, 15 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 13 Agility. I'm not convinced he's our best keeper, but my staff all swear he is, so why not?

More of the offseason next time, as we continue trying to unload salary to players who don't cut the mustard and send them to lower division clubs.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote