View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #45
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
How's the boat service to the magic kingdom from the resort?

Doublechecked my recollections with my wife's & got a nice tip from her in the bargain.

The boat service Wilderness to MK is fine, sometimes have to allow a few extra minutes for the trip but the relaxing atmosphere vs the bus insanity is more than worth it.

What I had forgotten that she brought up immediately was that you can take the boat over to Contemporary (there's one that goes straight there) and then take the monorail to Epcot. That way you get some easy to use monorail time even without paying the upcharge for it. The boat rides are pleasant enough that they almost become like a small attraction in & of themselves.

She also advised checking the discounts that are usually released in January to see if your same configuration is cheaper. You should be able to get them to do a price adjustment if that happens, could either pocket the savings or use them to upgrade somehow if that strikes your fancy after a few months of anticipation.