View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
molson
General Manager

-One quick note about shows and what would be considered a "good result". My popularity in my home region (they call it "mid south", but it's the Texas area) is B-. Any shows I run it that region that have a lower overall rating will slightly hurt my popularity, and any shows I run there that have a higher rating will slightly increase my popularity (increases and decreases are in the .01% levels, so it takes a string of good or bad shows to increase your popularity a whole letter grade).

My popularity in the Mid-west is E-. Any show higher than that will increase my popularity a few fractions of a %. Again, I need two regions at C- or higher to become "cult" level. (E+ is my highest grade anywhere else). Also, if I run identical shows in the midwest and texas, the texas show would have a better rating, because they'd be more into it.

So the basic strategy is run my big shows and biggest angles in Texas, because that what they demand, and run more TV tapings and experimental angles/matches in the midwest.

Show rating isn't an average rating of matches/segments. Instead, longer segments/matches and those later on the card, particularly the main event, are weighted the most heavily

With that out of the way:

THE STARS OF WCCW ON TOUR
Wednesday, Week 1, April 1983
Dallas Arena; 5,000 - Sold Out.

-Pre-show Dark Match:
King Kong Bundy defeats Ken Mantel in 4:52 by pinfall (C-)
Pre-Match Bundy interview (E+), Pre-Match Match Mantel interview (D-). After the match, Bundy gives Mantel an extra splash because he's evil and badass (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match:
Brian Adias defeats Johnny Mantel in 2:58 by pinfall (E+)

-Checkmate defeats Mike Von Erich in 7:45 by submission (D+)

-Fritz Von Erich announces an 8-man, one-night tournament to determine the "King of Texas Wrestling". The tournament will take place at WCCW "Star Wars" at the end of April. The winner will also have a title shot at the championship of his choice. (B). A video package hypes and announces the contestants: Kevin, Kerry, and David Von Erich, the Freebirds, Iceman Parsons, and Jimmy Garvin (C+). Fritz also announces the stipulation for the upcoming match, that Irwin gets a title shot if he wins (B-)

-Irwin gets TV title shot if he wins
Iceman Parsons defeats Bill Irwin in 8:01 by pinfall (D)
Iceman is interviewed after the match (D), before fending off an attack from Irwin's occasional tag-team partner, Frank Dusek (D-)

-Bikini Contest
Michael Hayes hosts a bikini contest between Sunshine and Precious. Sunshine wins, Precious is pissed. (B)

-Texas Heavyweight Championship Match
Jimmy Garvin defeats Chris Adams in 11:05 by pinfall (C+) to make his 1st defense of the title. This followed a Garvin pre-match interview (C). After the match, Garvin, Sunshine, and Precious all stomped down Adams (Sunshine and Precious are clearly competing for Garvin's affections) (C+)

-Six-Man Tag Team Championship
Von Erichs defeated Freebirds in 19:47 when David caused Roberts to submit. Von Erichs win 6-man tag team titles. (B) After the match, the Von Erichs celebrate (C+), until the Freebirds regroup and head back to the ring. A wild 6-man brawl closes the show (C+)

Overall Rating: C+

Thoughts:
-Not a bad debut, considering none of these matches were backed by storylines. Two storylines debuted tonight, which should add heat to future segments: 1. The King of Texas Wrestling tournament. 2. Sunshine/Precious fued.
-The fans loved the T&A. Expect Sunshine & Precious to degrade themselves further in the weeks to come. (Can't piss of the network though). Once Garvin is finished with the tournament, I'll run the DOTT "Battle of the Valets Angle". Until then, just random T&A and catfights.
-Fritz is going to have to have a huge on-screen presence. For now, that'll involve making announcements, and occasionally making Gary Hart's life miserable. A heel turn is also a possibility - Fritz rates an "A" in playing heel, the way he spent most of his wrestling career.
-Adams was more impressive than Iceman in the start of the competition to determine the "most pushed non-Von Erich face". Iceman's interview bombed.
-Ken Mantel carrying Bundy to a C- is impressive. He'll have some job security putting my heels over
-My main eventers will all be occupied with hyping the King of Texas Tournament over the next month, leaving an opportunity for the lower guys to get involved in some storylines. We'll see who drops the ball.
-Part of putting the 6-man titles on the Von Erichs is due to the uncertainty with Hayes's contract.

Last edited by molson : 04-25-2007 at 09:37 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote