View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 09:12 PM   #10
molson
General Manager

-Bill Irwin wasn't booked by Central States, making him available tonight, unfortunately for him, he's sent home early.

WORLD CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
Thursday, Week 1, April 1983
St. Louis, MO: 2,000

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Chris Adams defeats Frank Dusek in 6:50 by pinfall (D). After the match, Adams thanks the fans for their support in his goal to gain WCCW championship gold (D-)

-Marc Lawrence and Bill Mercer announce that at a WCCW event in Dallas, the Von Erichs won the 6-man tag team championship from the Freebirds (D+). The also announce that the main event of tonight's show, as ordered by Fritz Von Erich, is Jimmy Garvin defending the WCCW Texas Heavyweight Championship against David Von Erich. (C-)

-The Great Kabuki & Magic Dragon defeat Mike Von Erich and Brian Adias in 6:40 when Kabuki pinned Adias. (D+). Prior to the match, a short music video hypes the brutality of the Magic Dragon/Great Kabuki team (C-) and Bill Mercer interviews their opponents tonight: Mike Von Erich and Brian Adias (E). After the match, Gary Hart tells the crowd that Dragon/Kabuki's path of destruction through WCCW has only begun (D+)

-King Kong Bundy defeats Ken Mantel in 3:45 by pinfall (D). After the match, Bundy and his manager Gary Hart continue to verbally berate and kick Mantel. Fritz Von Erich comes to the ring to make an announcement, and barks at Bundy and Hart to stop (E+). Fritz and Hart get into a heated argument, but Bundy and Hart soon leave (D)

-Fritz announces the first two matches for the King of Texas Wrestling Tournament: Terry Gordy v. Kevin Von Erich (C-) and a rematch of the next match tonight, Iceman Parsons v. Buddy Jack Roberts (D+). The other two first round matches will be announced shortly.

-WCCW Television Championship
Iceman Parsons and Buddy Jack Roberts wrestle to a 10 minute draw. (C) Parsons makes his first title defense. Parsons looked "off his game", Roberts looked good.

-David Von Erich defeats Jimmy Garvin by DQ in 12:31 after interference from both Precious and Sunshine (B). Sunshine played her part well. This was a non-title match, since it took place in Missouri.

Show Rating: C+

Thoughts:
-A great show for WCCW in the Midwest, where our popularity increases to 40.6% (which I read using the in-game editor). I need to get to 53.1%

-A third "official" storyline/push was debuted tonight, Gary Hart and his Kabuki/Dragon team's quest for destruction in WCCW. I probably need to get the tag belts off Hayes/Gordy so Kabuki/Dragon can go through everyone on their way to a title shot with the Von Erichs. (Heel v. Heel/Face v. Face isn't overly accepted in my current "product type").

-Iceman looked bad again, but at least pulled out a C match. Adams couldn't step up, had a D- with Dusek in the pre-show. I'll need to give these guys a lot of different opponents to see if either of them is worth really pushing.

-You can definitly see how much less over Fritz is in the Midwest than he is in Texas. The St. Louis fans didn't care too much about him, but hopefully they'll come around. (Fritz has A+ popularity in Texas, and C in the Midwest, which is still better than most of my roster there). In fact, the only WCCW guys with at least a C- popularity in the midwest right now are Fritz, David, Kerry, Hayes, and Roberts. (14 guys have at least that level in Texas)

-David and Garvin had a great match that might have reached A territory in Texas, and with a DQ finish. These guys will be paired off a lot, with David chasing Garvin for the title. I might need to promote Garvin from his current "midcard" status.

-The King of Wrestling tournament shapes up like this so far

Kevin Von Erich v. Terry Gordy
Iceman Parsons v. Buddy Roberts

Last edited by molson : 05-22-2007 at 12:32 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote