View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 01:00 AM   #19
molson
General Manager

News

-Haystacks Calhoun has denied my request for negotiations, saying our company simply isn't big enough for him to come out of retirement for.

-Buddy Roberts has arrived late for his second show in a row. I can't really suspend him yet, because I've already advertised another Parsons/Roberts match with a new stipulation. But I do fine him. I hope he's not on drugs or something.

-Now Maple Leaf Wrestling continues to go nuts, now offering contracts to both David Von Erich and Jimmy Garvin. No response yet on either guy.

-With all of companies bringing in new talent, I figure I should at least ask around, maybe see if I can get a surprise big name or two in for the tournament show. I request negotiations with some guys who are well known in the midwest, and who work for promotions I have a decent relationship with : Dick Murdoch, Ted Dibiase, Jack Brisco, Stan Hanson, (I try for Jerry Blackwell and The Crusher, but Fritiz blocks that because he thinks both guys are injury-prone),

-There's a new WWF champion, as Bob Backlund was defeated by Ray Stevens.

-I extend Sweet Brown Sugar's contract to a total of 9 months, with a raise from $500/show to $675/show. I haven't gotten around to using him yet, but he might have left when his contract was up in 10 weeks, with his MACW responsibilities.

Last edited by molson : 04-25-2007 at 01:27 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote