View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #302
Radii
Head Coach

As always, I let my scouts handle the pre-draft workouts, that gives me more reliable info going into the draft without me having to spend forever messing with stuff i don't care about.

NBA Draft

I seem to have a hard choice here... PG Jacob Swanson is listed as A+ overall and seems awesome. SF Dale Geiger gets an A rating and scouts out as someone who is very good right now. PF Cory Clatyon looks like he has great potential but isn't recommended nearly as highly as the other two... I can take the PF or the PG I think, best available or biggest need. Its a really, really hard decision b/c if I take the PG and Padgett leaves and Clayton is good I could have really hurt myself. But if I take the PF and the PG is a superstar I will cry.

In the end the scouting reports on the point guard just rate him as a better player than anyone else left in the draft and I cannot resist, I am *really* torn on this decision and as I'm typing this have not looked down to see what I got, I'm more nervous here than I have been at any other time in this dynasty than when I was banking everything I had on OJ Mayo. In fact, the second round comes around before I go look. I draft another PG in round two just b/c I spent all my time scouting on round one and I took one of the 3 guys I had scouted who was still left. The 2nd rounder comes out rated 62 OVR. Lets find out together, shall we?

NBA Draft Results

1. PG Mark Jackson - HOU - 82 OVR
2. PG Celso Costa - NY - 73 OVR
3. SF Scot Battle - MIL - 71 OVR
4. SG Dion Cox - PHI - 71 OVR
5. PG Jacob Mullin - POR - 73 OVR
6. PG Tony Kennedy - LAC - 73 OVR
7. PG Samuel Hines - MIL - 73 OVR
8. C Ernest Soto - DEN - 66 OVR
9. SG Rick Reid - MEM - 71 OVR
10. PG Jacob Swanson - CHA - 71 OVR
11. PF Cory Clayton - UTA - 69 OVR
12. PF Owen Edwards - MIL - 70 OVR
13. SF Dale Geiger - PHO - 70 OVR
14. SG Nikita Elliot - DAL - 60 OVR

Everyone in the rest of the first round is about the same through about pick 23, where the talent drops off from the high 60s to the low 60s.

It turns out our pick was pretty much a wash. We got a 71 rated PG instead of a 69 rated PF. Dell Sparks was rated 69 OVR and has blossomed into a guy who will be a full time starter for me for awhile. The PG will likely make Bibby obsolete and will immediately get 10-15 minutes/game behind felton.

Also, how about Houston, they turn that 0.8% chance into the only superstar of the draft, and don't blow the top pick at all. Nice job for them.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote