View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 8, 2015 -

Due to Schmidt, Boogaart, and Miller all needing time off periodically. Also, Cahais just never truly panned out, nor is Marchetti great. Therefore, I've decided to use my remaining transfer budget to meet Diego Cardozo's release clause. I will be paying Aston Villa 18 million dollars for the Uruguain defender who can play all defensive positions. Diego is fast, strong, a high jumper (which is Cahais's big failing - lack of strength and jumping.) The downside is that Cardozo lacks natural fitness and probably will never be a 40 game/year type of guy. However, he is a superb technical defender with great determination and work habits despite his lack of natural fitness.

Of course, I would like a new striker to bolster the squd, but eventually Rooney, Adriano, and Oswald will be back. I can't get a striker with 18 million that is worth spending on. However, I suspect next year we will spend most of our money on one very good striker to be Rooney's eventual replacement.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote