View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 06:21 PM   #11294
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
First episode was just on over here: first half was not great:

First section was Bernie Sanders basically being professional and not calling him a twat. Wasn’t funny either.

Second section was an old Republican couple being grossed out by, well pretty gross/stupid conversation, but being polite and not throwing him out. Again, not funny at all.

Third section was an artist being up her own arse - no surprise there, or much humour

I nearly quit TBH because it was neither thought provoking or funny, but the last section saved it. I won’t ruin it, but it was far more clever in concept, preparation, delivery, and in the scope of both numbers and importance of the people involved (assuming they were who the captions said they were)

Even if you are generally behind the people being ridiculed, you can’t be happy about some of the idiotic things they agree to in conversation, and agree to say/promote while doing a promo to camera. Again all this assumes they are who they are captioned to be, otherwise the joke’s on me!

Either perservere through the first three sections, or just skip to the last bit as that is definitely worth watching.

Just finished watching it and, overall, I agree. The last segment is 100% must watch. It's seriously depressing to see people ok with what they were pitching. I'm guessing clips or quotes from this are going to end up in campaign ads soon.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote