View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FA Trophy vs Eastbourne – Whisken is back from his injury, and Walker heads back to the bench. Other than that, I haven’t made any changes to my squad for today’s way game. It’s gently raining as Kebbie feed Roberts a goal from the side on a strong cross at the 6th minute mark. Then Kebbie drives at the 28th, crosses, but instead of going to a marked Roberts, crosses over him to an unmarked Devlin, who scores. Eastbourne are pros, and they aren’t going to be pushed around in their own house like so in the 37th minute, the grab a nice build up through the center to claw one back. Half. Don’t get complacent! Smeeton, with our only card, is pulled for Kitching. Brooks is pulled for Balmer. Bedford for Spetch. They equalize off a counter in the 87th. End, 2-2. Extra time begins. Dig in lads! Half. 15 minutes left. We are pushing hard, with some nice moves. Tied 2-2.

We have a rematch scheduled

FA Trophy Rematch vs Eastbourne – Now we are hosting! The winner of today will face Torquay next in the Trophy. Ready? Let’s do this thang! All credit to Eastbourne for not folding when down by two. But we are at home now. For the fans! Under pressure, they give us an OG in the 16th. A few minutes later, on a corner, Devlin finds Roberts for a score. Then they score back in the 33rd off a nice long shot. 2-1 half, identical to last time. Again, don’t get complacent. They don’t listen to me. We give up a PK in the 51st and they score. Bedford for Smeeton. We have waves of chances. Extra time. One goal. Kitching for a dead tired Moore. Walker for Corbridge to bring in some fresh legs defensively as well. Half. At the 116 mark, they hit a header off a cross for goal. We lose 3-2 and are out.

Ah well.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote