View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 11:56 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game #21 – Away vs Torquay – I have pulled Smeeton for Bedford. I gave out rests, but I’ll still likely pull folks sooner from tired legs than normal. Torquay have four nice shots turned away in the first 15 minutes, but then things settle down and we find a rhythm. I think they were starting very aggressive to take advantage of our tiredness. We injure their fullback and he has to head out. Half, 0-0. One goal lads. But we can’t get one goal, until we have one goal. Balmer for Brooks, Pettefer for Bedford. They score in the 59th . Kitching for Moore. Then in the 67th and we are suddenly down 0-2. In the 73rd, another goal goes their way. Well it was close. But they blew the doors off the game right there. In the 79th, Bedford scores! 3-1 now. In ET, they hit goal again. We lose 1-4.

Remember we hosted Torquay earlier in the year and barely beat them 2-1 after they had THREE people sent off. We are clearly not at their level yet.

Game #22 – Away vs Chippenham – I make no major changes to my roster today. For the Fans!!! In the 8th, driving up the left flank, Roberts gets the ball and shoots close to the goal, it rebounds off the GK, and falls to a DC who clears it but it bounces off one of their other defenders back into goal. In the 15th, Devlin sinks a DFK. They bang up Spetch, but we’ll leave him in for now. Chippenham get their sea legs, and recover and are fine. Half. Don’t get complacent out there. Moore with a yellow. I pull Moore and Spetch. Here go in Walker and Pettefer for them. They hit us back on a breakaway in the 58th. Then again in the 62nd and it’s tied. Whisken with a card. I send in Leslie-Smith. Game, tie 2-2.

I go to my board, and they agree to upgrade our youth facilities.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote