View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Game #36 – Home vs Eastbourne – This game was postpned due to a waterlogged pitch here in Poole. Sorry!

Game #36 - Vengeance!!! Browne is back from his injury and starting at AMC. Welling tied a few days ago, so if we win, we move back into 1st place, btw. That was a boring half. 2 shots each, 1 on target each. 2 cards each. I send in Kaikay and Brooks for Devlin and Moore. Well it was just one of those matches I suppose. 0-0 tie.

Game #37 – Home vs Welling. This is our best chance now to move back up. Home vs the current #1. Brooks is in as Browne is stilll tired from the last game after the injury recovery a few days ago. They start out defensive, and we push. Roberts fires a nasty, lethal shot in the 14th that’s offsides, but barely. We injure one of their middies and they get pulled off. We are moving and pushing them around, but quiet. Half. 0-0. Keep playing our game, and the result will come. In the 57th, they score off a nice counter attack. In the 63rd, Moore hits a penalty kick, and we tie. I send in Bedford for a poorly playing Spetch and move Moore to his fullback spot. In goes Whisken and then Kaikay. In the 88th, Brooks feeds Bedford for goal, and we crack it open. A few minutes later in OT, we get an OG from their DC after he fails to clear a ball off a header and heads it into goal. Then they score off a counter in the 93rd. We win 3-2. MOM is Bedford. Who’s in first baby!

That was Moore’s 100th game, btw

I offer to extend Devlin’s deal by a year. Dude is 33, but dude is dude.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote