View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Another American Adventure (FM 16)

As I continued to play around with "Milo Bloom's" fictional American database, I came up with a plan for another Football Manager 16 project.

"Milo" has made it possible for the United States to grow into one of the world's leading soccer ("football" from now on) nations. The American football system now features promotion and relegation, like other world powers, and Americans now play the sport during the fall and winter. The American Premier League is one of the two or three best leagues in the world, as prestigious as Spain's Liga BBVA and England's Premier League.

I'm managing a very small club in my other American adventure. When I discovered that big American clubs are rich enough to attract some of the world's best players, I decided to try my hand at managing one.

I decided to take over the controls at Boston Minutemen.

I teach American history, so how could I resist a team that plays at John Quincy Adams Park? We train at Adidas National Soccer Academy, where our Superb training and youth facilities will make it possible for us to build our club for long-term success.

I discovered that the elimination of the "real" Major League Soccer turned all its players into free agents. I sensed if I didn't move to sign some of them, other Premier League clubs would. My three kids, all soccer fans, really became interested in this part of the project, and they're suggesting some players for me to sign.

I think we're all going to have fun with this, and I hope some of you will, too.

Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote