View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #24689
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I thought "trigger" was kind of a mocking word. I didn't realize it was used sincerely as well, to the extent of being in university apologies.

College must be such a different experience today than it was when I went. We're going to have a massive generation gap. Where I'm not sure that people who came of age in say, the 70s, were that much different, and didn't have experiences so different, as people who came of age in the 90s and early 00s.

I had the exact same thought - I assumed "trigger" and " microaggression" and all those terms were things coined by people mocking what was actually going on. Like PC Principal. I didn't realize they were accepted terms used in everyday conversations with students as legitimate, non-ironical discussion points. And I have a rising senior in college.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote