View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #24698
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I thought "trigger" was kind of a mocking word. I didn't realize it was used sincerely as well, to the extent of being in university apologies.

College must be such a different experience today than it was when I went. We're going to have a massive generation gap. Where I'm not sure that people who came of age in say, the 70s, were that much different, and didn't have experiences so different, as people who came of age in the 90s and early 00s.

Yeah I did too. Especially the word "safe space" which I just assumed was like an Adam Carolla bit mocking the weak youth etc... Then the "poop swatiska" happened at Mizzou when the football team quit on Gary Pinkel and the crazy professor said no cameras these kids are in their safe space.
That was when my niece came to fill me in that a lot of this stuff is for real. She said a guy went into a corner during a lecture during a history class and the rest of the kids have to leave the room while he cooled down. Can't even fathom what some of the West Coast schools are like.

Last edited by panerd : 06-18-2020 at 01:58 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote