View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #26
StLee
High School Varsity

We backed in to a division title, which doesn't make things feel like we accomplished much. After getting off to such a hot start, we cruised through the end of the season. Thankfully, we had a big enough advantage to earn ourselves a top spot in the playoffs. At 7-3, we finished in a three-way tie for first place in our division but beat both the Whalers and Master Batters by head-to-head run differentials.

In our tenth and final regular season game, we took on the Whalers who had to beat us by at least 11 runs (I mistakenly reported 12 runs, but was mistaken). The final score was 14-9 in favor of the Whalers, so we won the tie breaker.

In the top of the first, we scored two runs, but they answered with three. We tied it in the second at 3-3. In the third, we scored four runs, but they came back with five of their own to take an 8-7 lead. Neither team scored in the fourth and the Whalers got four in the fifth and two in the sixth to take a 14-7 lead. We got two in the ninth for the final 14-9 count.

Line up:
1 - Tyler - SS
2 - Josh - CF
3 - Shawn - RF
4 - Frank - LF
5 - Mitch - 2B
6 - Mary Kay - LROV
7 - Mike - RROV/2B
8 - Lee - 3B
9 - Doug - 1B
10 - Lia - C/LROV
11 - Chris - 1B/2B
12 - Daniel - RROV
13 - Ariella - C

Top 1st inning:
Tyler - Fly out, 7
Josh - Home run
Shawn - Fly out, 8
Frank - Home run
Mitch - Single
Mary Kay - Fly out, RROV

2nd inning: Trailing 3-2
Mike - Fly out, 7
Lee - Single
Doug - Double, Lee to 3rd
Lia - RBI Fielder's choice, 6-3
Chris - Ground out, 6-3

3rd inning: Tied 3-3
Daniel - Double
Ariella - Ground out, 4-3; Daniel to 3rd
Tyler - RBI single
Josh - 2-run HR
Shawn - Double
Frank - Ground out, 4-3; Shawn to 3rd
Mitch - RBI single
Mary Kay - Ground out, 6-3

4th inning: Trailing 8-7
Mike - Line out, 6
Lee - Fly out, 9 (this ended an 8-straight at bats hitting streak)
Doug - Fly out, 8

5th inning: Trailing 8-7
Lia - Ground out, 6-3
Chris - Single
Daniel - Line out, 5; Double play 5-3 (Chris didn't tag)

6th inning: Trailing 12-7
Ariella - Ground out, 6-3
Tyler - Fly out, 7
Josh - Double, Advanced to 3rd on error
Shawn - Fly out, 9

7th inning: Trailing 14-7
Frank - Double
Mitch - RBI double; scored on error
Mary Kay - Strike out
Mike - Fly out, 9
Lee - Ground out, 5-3

Lee's batting:
1 for 3, R

Lee's fielding:
Atrocious! I had my worst game sever in my career of baseball/softball. In the game I had two assists and FOUR errors. One of those was probably not my error (a poor throw from the outfield, but since it got past me, allowing two runs to score, I blame myself). Based on my errors, the Whalers scored six runs they shouldn't have, meaning the difference between defeat and victory.

My final regular season stats were pretty good, minus my terrible defensive performance in the final game that more than double my errors total all season. Here is my game-by-game Excel:

On the season, I finished third on the team in batting average, tied for third in total bases, fifth in hits, and tied for third in extra base hits.

For the playoffs this coming Sunday (I am REALLY late in posting this), the seeds will be as follows:
Hite Division
1) Swingers (bye)
2) Whalers vs 3) Master Batters
4) Yellow Fever (eliminated)

Cass Division
1) Pitch Slappers (bye)
2) Bus Drivers vs 3) Multiple Scoregasms
4) Hanamana (eliminated)

None of the opposing coaches posted their scores on their websites, so I know these as the results:
Master Batters beat Yellow Fever
Pitch Slappers beat Hanamana
Bus Drivers beat Multiple Scoregasms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swingers - Game 10.jpg (146.8 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg Swingers Stats - After Game 10.jpg (134.8 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg Lee regular season totals.jpg (161.4 KB, 31 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote