View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 03:29 AM   #2825
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

There is no way to give a bad speech in Dothraki. Imagine that at halftime of some Hollywood version of an NFL game. The players wouldn't understand a single word, but they'd go out there and win one for the khal.

In a way, I'm glad Arya didn't become a Ninja. We're starting to connect more to the Stark family again, and less to the concept that it just happened to be so much of the first book, but only a small percentage of the vast number of storylines afterward. If she had made that kill, what is a faceless one? It couldn't have remained interesting unless she went after a relative.

Tywin was reincarnated... OK, we need one of those, but I'd like Sam better if he found a different way to piss him off. He may be more worthy of the sword, but it wasn't an honorable exit.

Benjen sighting... I was wondering if we'd get one. I'm still struggling with the Bran storyline. How do you live with the understanding that your most loyal employee relived his own horrifying death every moment of the last, what, 15 years? And how does time travel work, exactly? Butterflies in Africa seem nervous now.

I find it hard to believe Tommen is still alive. Or any of the Baratheon/Lannister crowd.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote