View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
timmae
College Starter

First, a little history on my career and firm. I started in the architectural field as an intern in high school working the afternoons of my junior and senior year in high school at a firm in the town I grew up in. I then went to architecture school for 4 years at an accredited school in Milwaukee. I stayed in the Milwaukee area for about 10 years after I finished school and then relocated to Chicago, where I have been for about 10 years. I guess you could say I've been doing this stuff for 25 years or so. My experience has been mainly providing due diligence, construction documents and construction administration services for industrial, retail and office projects. My current firm has been around for about 35 years and is considered to be a small firm by architectural standards. We have 10 people currently (3 owners, 3 project managers and 4 detailers). I am an owner along with the guy who started the firm 35 years ago and a guy who worked his way up to become owner early in the history of the firm.