View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What makes a Werewolf game Werewolf?

KWhits game thread was running the risk of being hijacked so I figured I would start this one.

I know it's no secret I prefer simple games, even though I feel I have gotten better with complex games. I'll probably never play in a hoops Marvel game but so be it, others enjoy them so I choose to sit out.

It just seems to me at times we go through cycles where everyone tries to come up with a cooler, newer mechanic then the last guy who ran a game and we can fall victim to outsmarting ourselves at times.

Now this thread is by no means meant to bash GM's. I think anyone who has ever ran a game can attest to the time it takes and regardless of outcome should be commended.

Now me personally I am fine with a complex game, I just don't want a game that is designed to take 4 weeks and by the nature of it keeps people from playing for a long period of time. Abe ran 2 games almost back to back that shut people out and I think it was kind of shitty. I know people who played had fun and there was no malicous intent on Abe's part.

I think that if you chooses to pass on a game or die early there should be a reasonable expectation that you will only have to wait 10-14 days max to play again.

Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote