View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #79
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
November 22, 2027

What a GAME!!! We were down 23-0 late in the third quarter but then got in a groove to win it. Pete Burks connected with Roman Ellison (who was game MVP with 12 catches for 150 yards) with 1:48 left in the third to make it 23-7. Then Will Wilkerson ran in for a 1-yard TD with 8:22 left in the game to make it 23-13. With 3:12 left, Pete connected with Teddy Jarvis for a 23-20 game. With 40 seconds left, Pete hit Jarvis again, from 23 yards out, to give us the win, 27-23.

The only bad thing for me is that I got hurt in the game. It’s a deep thigh bruise, which hurts like hell, but shouldn’t hamper me at all. I walk around with a bit of a limp right now, but I can play ball without any problems, so I still won’t miss a game. Knock on wood, but I have never missed a game in high school or college, and I hope I can maintain that in my pro career.

Actually we got really banged up at LB in the game. Svrcek suffered a bruised shoulder and Shawver pulled his hamstring. Shawver may have to go on IR, and if so, that means we’ll be in the market for a Sam this week.

I finished with five tackles and three assists in the game. Our DE Ian Praw got his first pick to help us to get started scoring. The next play Pete hit Roman for the one play, 19-yard score. I’m posting my stat plays again without commentary.

3-18-AUC37 (1Q: 10:33) Vernon Money ran a draw inside the left guard for 8 yards. Tackled by CB Wes Buckley, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

2-9-MON38 (1Q: 03:58) Bill Replogle ran inside the right tackle for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by S Terrell Bottoms.

3-11-AUC34 (1Q: 00:42) J.T. Tatum pass completed to RB Vernon Money for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Money gained 3 yards after the catch. The quarterback threw away from the double coverage.

2-5-MON38 (2Q: 12:19) J.T. Tatum pass completed to TE Walter Lunney for 6 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. The receiver ran his route right over the middle of the field.

1-10-MON44 (2Q: 11:47) Bill Replogle ran outside the right tackle for 2 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin, assisted by DT Adrian Howard.

2-2-MON28 (2Q: 03:58) Bill Replogle ran around right end for -1 yards. Tackled by S Vince Rose, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin.

2-5-MON21 (3Q: 11:53) J.T. Tatum pass completed to TE Will Darius for 16 yards. Tackled by CB A.J. Morton, assisted by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Darius gained 2 yards after the catch.

2-6-MON41 (4Q: 14:23) J.T. Tatum pass completed to FB Glenn Horn for 3 yards. Tackled by OLB Jeremy Naquin. Horn gained 2 yards after the catch.

2-12-MON23 (4Q: 07:03) Bill Replogle ran around right end for 2 yards. Tackled by DT Sam Packard. Auckland's Jeremy Naquin was hurt on the play. This appears to be a minor leg injury. He should be able to remain in the game.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote