View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #86
StLee
High School Varsity

Part One: Jeremy Naquin, the linebacker

Jeremy’s Journal
December 16, 2027

I’m actually about to board a plane in a few minutes (it’s currently 1:23 PM) in preparation for the C-O-L-D! I’m ready to freeze my ass off, I guess! Thankfully the game itself is not going to be as frigid since Edmonton built a pretty indoor stadium. That’ll save a Southern boy like me who is also enjoying his New Zealand summer! That’s right. It’s summer now in NZ, nothing like the wintry cold of Edmonton. Look at the Edmonton helmet. Yep, they’re more a cold weather team than our feathered Penguins helmet.

Speaking of the Penguins, I heard word that we’re going to be donning new helmets next year, something that looks more like a Penguin. I can’t wait to see what they look like. Until then, we take on the 8-6 Polar Bears fighting as desperately as we are for a playoff spot.

at

Edmonton is a pretty good team and will be tough to beat, but we need every win if we want to sniff the playoffs this year. They don’t turn the ball over a lot, so they have an advantage in the turnover margin. Other than that, their units are not that great. On offense they are 15th in rushing and 19th in passing to rank 23rd overall in total offense, which is surprisingly low for an 8-6 team. They are also 18th in PPG at 17.1. Looking at their schedule, EPB only had one game over 30 points, a 38-13 victory over Brisbane.

None of their opponents scored over 30 points, which explains their success. At giving up 14.7 PPG, EPB ranks 4th in the league. On defense, EPB is 30th against the run and 11th against the pass to rank 23rd in total defense.

They’re QB position is a 1-2 punch. I don’t know why exactly they switch up starters, but they are led by long-time veteran Joey Stone and a late-round pick from three years ago, R.J. Davidson. Combined they have thrown for 3122 yards, 13 TDs, and 9 INTs. Davidson is supposed to get the start, but we’ve actually prepared for either QB, with Davidson being a dink and dunk passer and Stone being the bombs away guy. In the preseason we saw a lot of the rookie Herb Farmer out of Texas, but he hasn’t played at all in the season.

Norman Glaros is their starter at RB and he’s close to 1000 yards rushing on the season. He has 946 yards rushing and 6 TDs, along with 33 catches for 254 yards and another TD. Backing him up is Billy Maxwell, who was supposed to be their star but never took off. I actually remember during my freshman year him being a Division B All-American at Youngstown State. However, now he’s a backup, but helping out with 356 yards rushing and 5 TDs.

That’s all I have for this week. Edmonton is on a four-game winning streak, but hopefully we can stem their tide and earn ourselves a seat in the playoffs. See you after the game!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp ban11a.bmp (87.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: bmp ban48.bmp (225.1 KB, 6 views)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote