View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #33
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, June 1987

Attendance: 1,352

The Southern Rockers vs. Eddie Gilbert and Billy Two Eagles (Dark Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The Southern Rockers defeated Eddie Gilbert and Billy Two Eagles in 9:58 when Scott Peterson defeated Eddie Gilbert by pinfall. (D-)

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and The Grappler from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Al Madril vs. Brady Boone
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Al Madril defeated Brady Boone in 7:41 by pinfall. (D-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Brian Pillman is interviewed backstage by Don Coss, he hypes an upcoming singles match against Ricky Santana. (E+)
The Sting's Hero Quest storyline has been moved forward one stage with this segment.

Brain Pillman vs. Ricky Santana (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Ricky Santana in 7:11 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. Brian Pillman wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)

The Midnight Rockers vs. Rip Oliver and Top Gun
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, The Midnight Rockers defeated Top Gun and Rip Oliver in 9:35 when Marty Jannetty defeated Top Gun by pinfall with a Rocker Shocker. (D)
Marty Jannetty is improving in Rumble skills. Shawn Michaels is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham vs. The Grappler (Cage Match - Heavyweight Title Match)
In a bout that had great heat and some decent in-ring action, Barry Windham defeated The Grappler in 12:49 by pinfall with a Superplex. Barry Windham wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)
The Grappler was really off his game tonight.

Final Rating: D

I completely botched the booking on two angles (only about 4 minutes total, though). I'll redo those next week.

I created a storyline involving Sting and his main nemesis will be Top Gun. The "Sting's Hero Quest" storyline.

Barry Windham has the title now and is going to get a big sexy push. I also gave Brian Pillman the TV title, but he'll probably just hold it for a week or two before I give it over to someone else.

The Grappler kinda sucks. He's really only got Midcarder-Upper Midcard level talent. The only thing he's got going for him over the rest of the roster is popularity. And if I push the other workers like I want to, that advantage will go away soon. He's got D+ Pop in NW. Barry Windham just passed him (he's now C-, and started off at D a few months ago). Sting started off at F+ and is at E+ now. Shawn Michaels is up a step already. These guys are gaining pop and then I can phase out The Grappler.

It's a bit of a twist, though. I came in with too little in way of Faces. Now, Rip Oliver is trying to get himself fired, I'm not crazy about The Grappler, and none of the other heels really stand out. At some point, I may turn Windham and have him fight Sting unless I can bring in a big name heel down the road.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote